WARM TURMERIC GINGER ALMOND LATTE
Getting up in the cold winter morning and making some warm beverages is necessary to keep nice feeling and mood for the day. Turmeric Ginger Almond Latte is a quickly relieve tiredness, warming the body, nutritious and gives comfort.
As known as Jamu, this is an Indonesian traditional herbal medicine drink, using only natural stuffs. It can be enjoyed as natural home remedy to boost immune system.
Ingredients ( serves 02 )
02 pieces fresh turmeric
01 thumb size of ginger
400ml almond milk
01 teaspoon of propolis
a tiny pinch of salt
- Turmeric and ginger in the food processor. A dash of water (10-20ml) can be added to make the blending process more manageable. Blend it until smooth. Set aside.
- Warm up almond milk in the saucepan (only until just before boiling point). Pour in the mixture of turmeric and ginger. Give it a gentle mix. Off the heat. Add salt. Add propolis
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy while it is still warm.
- Propolis can be substituted with any other sweetening agent of choice (for example date syrup or manuka honey).
- I enjoy this drink the most in cold seasons, rainy days, in the morning or even in the late evening to relax.
- I also make this jamu drink when having some muscle tiredness or start sneezing.