GREEN PEAS, MUSHROOM, SWEET POTATO COOKED WITH COCONUT YOGURT MASALA CURRY TOPPED WITH FRESHLY CHOPPED CILANTRO
300 ml coconut yogurt
100 grams shredded dried coconut
02 tablespoons coconut oil
05 garlic cloves
01 thumb size ginger
01 thumb size fresh turmeric
02 tablespoons masala
01 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
01 teaspoon coriander powder
100 grams green peas
01 ripe, sweet pear
01 sweet potato (peel and cut into cubes)
300 grams mushrooms
A handful of fresh cilantro (roughly chopped)
- Make a spice-paste. Using a food processor, mix garlic, onion, ginger, turmeric and a dash of water. Blend them until soft and paste-like.
- Heat up a dutch oven or cooking pot (choose a pot that can contain more liquid). Pour coconut oil and quick saute the spice-paste.
- Add coriander powder, add masala powder, add salt and put in pear puree. Saute until this mixture become fragrance.
- Add shredded dried coconut. Add coconut yogurt. Add water. Stir well all the mixture using medium heat.
- Once reaching boiling point, add sweet potato cubes. Cook until they soften then put the green peas and mushrooms together at last.
- Regular table salt or sea salt can be used rather than Himalayan salt.
- Curcuma or turmeric powder can be used instead of fresh turmeric.
- The replacement of coconut yogurt can be a plain natural yogurt, or coconut milk to achieve the thicker consistency.
- At direction number 5, to make the curry gravy thicker and holding less water, prolong the cooking time bring it reduce.